NCI's business is divided into three business segments, all closely integrated and uniquely positioned to capitalize on rising interest in steel products among builders.
|Cleans, treats, slits and paints coils of flat metal. The finished material is used for our own products as well as other manufacturers' products in multiple industries.
|Metal Components Segment
||Manufactures metal roof and wall systems, insulated metal panels, metal partitions, structural framing, metal roll-up doors, flashings and accessories.
|Engineered Building Systems Segment
||Designs, produces and sells low-rise building solutions for nonresidential markets.
After almost three decades of aggressively expanding our operations, we have developed a cohesive organization that is stronger and more flexible than ever. We have restructured our operations to achieve more with less, becoming more productive and leveraging our achievements to benefit our customers, providing superior quality products and shortening our delivery times. We also have expanded our focus on energy-efficient and green product solutions.
To achieve this we:
• Reduced the size of our manufacturing infrastructure while maintaining capacity through automation
and retooling, and streamlined processes;
• Developed and implemented innovative, automated, full-service estimating, design and detailing
engineering tool in the industry allowing for the seamless transmission of customer designs to
our CNC controlled shop floor manufacturing systems.
• Consolidated and upgraded our engineering and drafting department to make them faster and
• Revamped our sales and marketing strategies to become more responsive to our customers;
• Developed new high-performance products that can be designed and delivered more quickly to
end users at a lower cost; and
• Added new services for our customers such as furnish-and-erect buildings and custom retrofit design.
Our strategy for the coming years is clear. NCI will continue to invest in technology and make opportunistic acquisitions that build the scope of our operations. We will use our technology and automation to be the highest-value producer, and continue to increase our operating leverage. In addition, we will capitalize on new trends, and maximize fresh sales opportunities by broadening our end market solutions and extending our geographic reach. And in everything we do, we will stress safety, quality and consistently superior service to be the best in the business.
All of us – our customers, builders, employees, our shareholders and the communities that host us – stand to benefit as we strengthen our market leadership positions and build upon the flexibility we are achieving through investments in new products, an expanded geographic reach and continuous productivity improvements.